221g blue slip for wife h4 asked to resubmit wedding album and re-registration of marriage

Hi Anil,

I am working full time in USA and got my H1 stamping 3 months back when I visit India and got engaged during the same time.

My wife attended the H4 Visa interview today. we had register marriage and got the marriage certificate. We got the engagement pics and marriage certificate for the Visa interview. But the VO was not convinced since their is no ceremony photos. Later my Wife was called to room and interrogated bu another VO. My wife convinced the VO we were married but have told full ceremony will be held next week. Later VO asked her to write a statement saying Marriage is not performed and will be performed on Sept 8th.

She was later given the 221g blue slip and asked to resubmit the following docs

1. Wedding photos
  2. Re- registration of marriage
  3. Passport to the newest VFS

We are little tensed about all this unfortunate situation, we will be really thankful to any advice.

One of the main confusion we have is "what is re- registration of marriage? .

We already register the marriage in the sub register office saying marriage is performed on Aug 22nd. Can we re-register again for Sept 8th. I am little clueless and tensed. Please advice. What is the processing time and approval chance for this case. I am worried if it gets denied? We are newly weds very tensed about all this now :frowning:. Please advice

Hi @pruthvi_gowda

These kind of cases are in the rise and i had warned about it earlier here:

What US embassy is asking is to re-register the marriage with the date that your actual full ceremony happens.

They take these kind of cases very seriously and consider it as human trafficking.

Thanks Anil, it was honest mistake, I should have read your blog earlier:( We will re-register the marriage and will submit all the required documents. Do you think even after fixing this we will have any serious consequences?

hi @Anil.Gupta, I am little worried about the fact VO took a written statement from my wife saying marriage is not performed and full ceremony is on Sept 8th and then issued 221g to submit re-registered marriage. Can you please tell me will this have any negative impact on H4 VISA approval even after submitting all the required documents after full ceremony?

Hi @pruthvi_gowda

I think you are fine as long as you can submit the wedding photographs and new registration certificate with real date of full marriage.

Do not worry.

Hi Anil,

I have a similar case and have to share wedding photos in email. Do I have to share the wedding photos in pdf format as it is written in 221g to share all documents in pdf format?

Also, do we have any idea how much time it takes for processing after submission of docs?

Thank you!
Munawar

Hi @Munawar

If the form 221g asks to share all documents in PDF, then i suggest to scan all of them in a PDF file.

It can take anywhere between 4 to 8 weeks of processing time.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Visa Approved, Form 221g Admin Processing Questions & Answers