261313 - Chances of invite for 189 in 2020 based on the latest status

I have 80 points for 189. This includes spouse points for PTE. But I have a problem - In october I will lose my age points. Should I make effort to get 5 more spouse point through ACS? or can i expect my eoi to get picked up before that? I submitted in Nov 2019.

@Anil.Gupta

Hi @Topgun

You should make an effort to get 5 more points.

hi Anil,
Job code:261313(software engineer)
Will apply EOI in March 2020.
can I expect ITA if so how many months waiting time or I can drop hopes?
My points are
Exp:10
btech:15
Single:10
English:10

TOTAL :75 POINTS

Hi @priyankaAgawal987

As per current trend, chances of invite with 75 points are low.

Hi Raspreet,

I just wanted to check with you to see if you received the invitation. I am currently in the queue with 75/80( 261312) waiting since Nov-2019. It will be of great help if you could update the status in the forum, when you receive the invitation.

Thank you kindly in advance.

5 posts were split to a new topic: How to go to Australia for NAATI CCL test

Hi @Anil.Gupta For (261313) is there any Region or State where we can apply EOI for 491 Visa with out a offer of employment…

Hello Raj,

Did you check for QLD state ? It was open for 491 without any job offer. Not sure now !

Not yet dear. Waiting

@Anil, I have 80 points in 189 and 85 in 190 for victoria in ANZSCO code 261313 could you please suggest what are the chances of our invite as my EOI submitted in December 2019

Hi @amit.enggg

Chances are low for an invite with 80/85 invites as per current trend.

I am hopeful that point requirement will come down in near future as many people are waiting at 80 point EOI.

Hi @Anil.Gupta Thank you so much for your reply!
Could you please tell about waiting time for an invite on 80 point in visa 189 for 261313(software engineer) or is there any chance that we got invite before our EOI will expire DOE DEC2019 while the PTE score was from Sept 2019

Hi @amit.enggg

I do not know the estimated time as the invite points change every month.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Multiple Expression Of Interest with same ANZSCO job code

I would suggest you try increasing your points for English. Getting a superior English will give you 20 points instead of 10 and will make your total points as 85 for 189 & 85+5 for 190. Then the waiting period can be less but no surety can be given for that too. Also, if you are onshore, go for NAATI to get that extra 5 points.

1 Like

Hi Anil,

Is it a good Idea to apply for 189 or 190 visa now I have 80 points but what if I get visa can’t make first entry due to closed borders on covid 19 situation. Is it better to submit EOI after borders open?

I don’t understand your logic at all.

Even if you get invite, the PR approval can easily take more than 6 months.

Also, you can apply for extension of initial entry date.

6 months after EOI for PR approval?!!

How many months it might take to get ITA for 261313 after EOI

With 85 points?!

6 months after you have submitted the visa documents and that too after you have got invite.

Invite has no time limit. Some people have been waiting for more a year too.

Hi Chances and timeline to get ITA

85 points
189 visa
Job code 261313
EoI submitted:02-04-2020