Attestation of PoA at Indian Consulate in USA Questions & Answers

The NY consulate page says that original passport is not required. Has anyone recently done POA with NY Consulate? Do we need to send copies of all the pages of the passport? Or only the first and last page. Thanks!

Hi @Rakesh_N @Parivesh_Jain , Did you put “I TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY…” on your poa or any other documents? I want to have my poa attested. Please reply

Hi Anil, right now the SF consulate says:
Power of Attorney needs to be signed and witnessed by two individuals (with their names and addresses clearly mentioned), then Apostilled by the Secretary of State where the applicant (holding foreign nationality) is resident. For residents of California, check the link Business Programs :: California Secretary of State - [There is no need for the POA to be apostilled for Indian Passport holders and OCI/PIO card holders. However, the POA documents must be duly notarized]

I am still unclear, being an Indian passport holder with green card, do I or do I not need to apostile the POA? I live in CA.

@shankyxyz were you able to get any update regarding the apostile process for SFO consulate. I am in a same position as you and confused.
Please help.

Thanks

Hi,
I have below questions regarding Power of Attorney document,

(1) Do I need to affix photos of Witnesses also ?
(2) How many photos needs to affix for Applicant (EXECUTANTS) ?

Thanks,
Nitin

1 Like
  1. Photos of witnesses are not required.
  2. One photo each for executants or POA giver.

Hi Anil, does am22tech offers PoA services to NRIs?

You can use this app to create the POA.

Are witnesses signatures required to be obtained in USA or can be completed in India at the time of registration? Embassy website states that witness signatures are mandatory. I am currently in NJ and planing to buy property in Pune

Yes, witness signatures are required