Hi Anil @anil_am22
I have a question related to AVR rules.
I have a question on whether I am eligible to utilize AVR rule with my current I797 to enter back to USA from CANADA by road.
We are planning to go to CANADA for a short trip( same day return)
I have come to USA in 2015 on H1B which was sponsored by my previous employer XXX. Later in 2019 I took an employment at YYY and my H1B got transferred to them.
I have an expired Visa stamp (expired on October 2019 and also employer on visa states XXX) and an approved I797 ( sponsored by YYYY).
Kindly advise me on below points.
- Is the change in employer will cause any issue to use AVR?
- I’m currently on the 7th year of my H1B ( YYY filed I140 petition). Will this be an issue to use AVR?
- I have booked a Dropbox appointment in my home country India for March 11th 2022. If I travel to CANADA and come back before this date , Is this appointment considered as an application pending ? Will this be an issue to use AVR?
- What is the best soft landing / AVR border in Buffalo/Niagara area that you are aware of ?
- My spouse has her old stamped visa ( expired on Oct 2019) and approved H4 petition. Is this ok?
I’m sorry I have asked many questions. Could you please kindly give your thoughts or advice based on our users experiences in this forum.