B1/B2 visa interview language selection

Hello,

Does all the interviewee should be fluent in English to choose English language as an option for B2 visa interview?

I wanted to invite my mother to USA and she needs to appear for interview for her first time B2 visa. She is not fluent in English and native language (Hindi) interview options are not available, I am checking the availability since last one month. Due to this, I was thinking to get a Visa for my brother as well along with my mother since my brother is fluent in English. My question is does both interviewee should be fluent in English to choose English language as an option for interview. If my brother goes with my mother for their interview then he can answer all the questions. Thank you!

The person should be able to understand the visa officer’s American accent and answer questions back in English that visa officer can understand.

That’s the requirement.

Thank you! I understand that but if more than one person are going for the interview together under the same appointment, does everyone have to speak and understand English or just one person can answer the questions.

Regards,
Sudarshan Kasera