Can I file H1B Amendment from India


Hope you are doing good.

I was in US on H1B and I extended my H1B and came to India for visa stamp and got it stamped. I’m planning to be in India for another 3 months and work remotely from here.

Since my job title and location is going to change next month, Do I need to go to US before that and then file H1B amendment from US and then come back to India OR Can i file H1B amendment from India itself?

If it can be filed from India, does it need to premium and need approved petition when I go back to US after 3 months OR only the receipt is enough to travel back? Thanks.


Amendment can be filed while you are in India.

Premium or not is your choice but you need approved petition to reenter if you intend to join the new job.

1 Like