Can my mom leave US without doing biometrics while B2 Extension is pending?

Got it. I missed ‘denial’. So the 2nd option holds good for next visit (subject to valid visa).

1 Like

Hi Anil @anil_am22 ,
I had applied B2 extension for my mother in law on 03/20/2020 and she left USA on 09/10/2020 before getting Biometric appointment. Have received Biometric appointment letter on 09/12/2020. I have sent a letter to USCIS informing that my mother in law left USA and she will not be able to attend biometrics, including her receipt notice and then got the denial letter on 04/06/2021 due to missing biometric appointment and then case was reopened by USCIS on 04/07/2021 and then it is on reopened status till now. Do I need to send withdrawal letter to USCIS now or Do I need to wait for the case result?
Appreciate your help in this regards.

Thanks!

You can withdraw the case to make it easier for them.

Thank you Anil @anil_am22 for your response

Hi Anil,

I’m also in a same situation my mother left US to India on May 29, 2021. We applied B2 extension in February, 2021. Today 3rd July, 2021 We received biometric appointment notice. What should I do please suggest.

Hi @anil_am22 We have a similar situation

1. my Mum could not leave US due to covid
  2. We filed for extension
  3. received a biometrics Appointment
  4. The travel started before the appointment so she left the US to go back to India
  5. We did not withdraw the case
  6. Received a Denial and the letter states they denied it because their records show she departed US
  7. Now my Mom is in UK and wishes to travel to with us to back to US
  8. How can we identify if the existing Visa stamp on her passport is still valid or she needs to go back to india and re-apply for a new Visa al together.

Denial of B2 extension of status do not impact the B2 visa. If her B2 visa is still valid she can travel to the US.

Hi Shirin ,
Unfortunately my Mom missed biometrics appointment too… now she is in india and willing to travel again … we are worried if she could travel again ! And how long do they accept her ! … when she arrives here … please let us know if your Mom is back with you …
Thanks

hi Shirin,
I am in the exact same situation like you, did your mom travel back to usa for 2nd time? did she face any issues during port of entry. also kindly advise what all documents she did carry while travelling to usa.

thanks in advance.

hi Raghav,
did your mom travel back to usa for 2nd time? did she face any issues during port of entry. also kindly advise what all documents she did carry while travelling to usa.

thanks in advance.