Canada Visitors Visa from USA when on CPT


My wife is in the United States and currently pursuing a Ph.D. Her initial student visa is expired. Is she eligible to apply visitors visa to Canada on Ph.D. i20 alone?

If she crosses the United States while pursuing Ph.D., she needs to get her student visa stamping done as well. Can we also do that in the US embassy located in Canada? Please suggest.


There is no relation between applying Canadian visitor visa and your US F1 or Phd.

You can apply for US visa stamping in Canada.