Chances for B2 approvals with approved H1b

Hi Anil,

Hope you are doing well.

My H1b was approved in April 2020 under cap exemption (applied with I 140) and it would be expired by Aug 2021. In this current situation, it is highly impossible to get an appointment for visa interview before it gets expired. So I am planning to apply B2 visa now.

How to respond to the below question?
why do you apply B2 visa when you have H1b?

And What are the chances for B2 approvals?

Thanks,
Sreehari

Hi @sh17603 ,
You are contradicting yourself by saying -In this current situation, it is highly impossible to get an appointment for visa interview before it gets expired. So I am planning to apply B2 visa now.

What makes you think you can get an appointment for B2 visa with the travel ban in place?

Assuming you are in India, are you still employed with your H1B employer? If yes, they should be able to file an extension and you can do dropbox renewal of your H1B visa and travel back when the ban is lifted.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. Here challenge is to attend H1b interview I don’t have latest client letter or job offer. Due to covid project went on hold. It is really tough to get an offer from India. So looking for B2 visa. I hope you understand my situation now. Please suggest right path to go back to USA.

Thanks
Sreehari

Chances of getting B2 visa in lieu of H1B are very low. Your application for B2 will most probably be denied.

1 Like