Change in employer i140 validity to get the extension


I am changing the employer , I have approved i140 with my existing employer and new employer said they will file my green card after I complete 1 year… My question is if in between I decide to change the employer will I be able to do that with my existing i140 or do I have to wait until my new i140 get approve.

PS : I have already max out 6 years


You can change employer as many times as you want with the approved I140 and get H1B extension under AC21. Only caveat is that you will need an approved I140 from the employer that will file your AOS aka I485 when your PD is current.


Thanks @Kalpesh_Dalwadi