Change of employer when I-485 pending

Below is my case.

  1. PD - June 2012

  2. GC application filed in TSC in Oct 2020 along with EB-2 to EB-3 downgrade

  3. Got I-765 and I-131approved with a combo card in Oct 2021
    4.Got the EB-3 I-140 approved in Sep 2021

  4. I-485 Pending with TSC

  5. In the above situation , if I want to change to a new employer with the same designation and roles and responsibilities, does the GC process need to start from PERM or can a interfiling be done with I-485 J .

  6. Since my EB-2 date is current FAD , should I interfile with the current employer or wait with the hope that EB-3 will start moving in the coming months.

As long as the GC process can be transferred to a new employer without starting from scratch, I can do a H1-B transfer in premium processing and interfile in EB-2 . Since I am not sure if this is a correct process, I need some confirmation, if anyone has done so in the recent past .

Note - I don’t want to use my EAD to change jobs at this point, as I don’t want to lose my H1 , knowing the risk involved if I-485 gets rejected for unknown reasons.

Hope I can get some direction and guidance on my above query.

If I were you, I would immediately interfile using I-485J and be with the current employer for at least 180 days from the I-485J receipt date.

Thanks , but I am still not clear . My I-140 downgrade is an ammendment , so ideally my Eb-2 I-140 is no more valid I guess. Since my pending I-1485 under EB-3 I-140 is more than 180 days now. When I change the employer with a similar role and designation ,

  1. Can I just interfile to EB-2 with I-485J against the pending I-485 (EB-3) with the new employer . Believe I needn’t have to go through PERM process. Need confirmation here .

I couldn’t still understand why you would interfile using I-485J with the current employer and stay for at least 180 days. How does it benefit.