Change of name in indian passport and then US visa

Hi Anil,
I have the following issue:-
My name is dHEERAJ ONLY SO i got visa as FNU DHEERAJ where FNU stands for first name known. But since I am PhD student I have to add surname in passport.

Can you suggest me for the same as well as how to do the same in Visa as well once it is corrected in passport.

Right now, I have central gazette of name change with me.

Current name is Dheeraj and new desired name is Dheeraj Krishan Agrohia.

Looking forward to hearing from you.


You have to apply for new visa to get name change reflected on visa once you have got the new passport.