Changes in Eligibility rules for india dropbox?

Hello,

I wish to get a renewed H1B visa from US consulate in India. My last H1B visa was issued in Canada. The dropbox eligibility tool says I’m not eligible, but when booking an appointment i got an interview waiver since one of the questions seemed to have changed and no longer asked if my last stamp was in India - basically my answer to all the questions hence turned out to be yes. Also us travel docs website, under renew my visa no longer has a requirement that your last stamp should be in India.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/renew-visa

Am I eligible for Dropbox if last stamping was done in Canada?

Thanks,
Nj

1 Like

They got rid of the last stamp in home country requirement. Not sure if this is temporary during the pandemic or permanent change.

did you find an answer for this? I am in the same situation

is it confirmed? I can’t find any documentation

Hello,

The ustravel docs website under renewal no longer shows requirement for last stamp in India. So based on that this change looks legit. And also i went through the application process and didnt not encounter that question, so seems like they did make updates.

This website still shows it as a requirement - Apply for a U.S. Visa | Renew My Visa - India (English) “My most recent visa was issued in India”
Which website are you referring to? Can you please share? @navelij
And were you able to get an appointment?

1 Like