Check US Visa Dropbox Eligibility 2021 (With App)

Originally published at: Check US Visa Dropbox Eligibility 2021 (With App) - USA

US Department of State has allowed a 48 month period for dropbox eligibility instead of 12 months until Dec 31, 2021, due to the COVID-19 situation. This is a temporary change and may or may not be extended after Dec 2021. Our Dropbox Eligibility app has been updated to reflect 48 months period. US visa…

1 Like

Hi Team,

Here is my situation :
I live in the USA. I have approved I-797A approval notice from Jan 2020 - Jan -2023.
I am planning to travel to India next month. Based on the immigration website questionnaire it looks like I am eligible for dropbox is that true?
I switched job on Jan 2020 and my passport doesn’t have a valid stamp because my first term of H1B ended on Sep 12th 2020.

Is the dropbox facility open for processing or emergency appointment only ?

Please help me understand this situation completely.

1 Like

hi Gowtham,

Any updates on this? My wife has a similar situation whereby her L2 visa has been approved, but we need to get it stamped. Is it feasible to get stamping done in India via the Dropbox facility. Would be helpful if you can chat for a few mins.

Thanks
Parikshit

I am eligible for dropbox, i checked. While i was trying to apply for appointment, i only see dates at chennai location.

My previous dropbox was issued in Hyderabad, if i take dropbox appointment at chennai would it be accepted or any downsides?

Also, in the DS 160, there is field saying submiting location, i mentioned Hyderabad, do i have to change it now? How do i change it

Hi Team,

Here is my situation :
My Visa stamping expired on June-2019.
I live in the USA. I have approved I-797A approval notice till Jul -2021.

My PERM was filed on Aug 5, 2020. Expecting its approval and i-140. If everything goes good, my company will apply H1B extension before my trip to India in premium.

I am planning to travel to India in May 2021.
Am I eligible for Drop Box with my current scenario?

Thanks

Hi Anil,

Currently I am in Canada and I am having approved I140. My last visa stamping was on passport till June 2019 and I am planning to change my employer from Canada only.

My question is if my I797 is approved for new company so am I eligible for drop box ?, If I go to India (my Home Country) .

Please advise me.

Hi @anil_am22 - As per the dropbox eligibility article, point #7, the question while booking appointment asks for “any visa refusal for any time in past” and this point also mentions that if you ever got B1/B2 visa denial, then also you are not eligible for dropbox.

However, when I tried, it asked me “any refusal of visa ever but only for the specific visa category only”. (See picture below).

Is there anything that I am missing here?

Thanks,
Chandra

Use the Dropbox app as it has all the updated conditions. They changed this criterion last year.

1 Like

So if a B1 visa is rejected, still they are eligible for Drop Box?

Yes, it looks like that’s true as per current rules.

My wife converted to H4 from H1B in 2017 Jan in US.

Have her H4 extension approved in Oct 2019.

I have my H1B stamping in India (in person) in Oct 2019.

My wife planning to visit India in a month. It’s she eligible for drop box??

Hi All, i worked in USA and had US H1B stamp from Oct 1st 2015 to Sept 2018(no annotation, no 221g, home country). Then i returned to india after expiry and travelled to USA for month (Nov 2019) on B1 Visa (2019 - 2029, approved without 221g ). Do i am eligible for H1b drop box as my most recent previous visa was B1?

You can try this. It has all relevant info.

But drop box shows as eligible!

@anil_am22 can you please tell my eligibility here? (App shows as i am eligible)
i worked in USA and had US H1B stamp from Oct 1st 2015 to Sept 2018(no annotation, no 221g, home country). Then i returned to india after expiry and travelled to USA for month (Nov 2019) on B1 Visa (2019 - 2029, approved without 221g ). Do i am eligible for H1b drop box as my most recent previous visa was B1?

The extension was valid for prior 24 months until 31st Mar, 2021 and based on that you were ineligible.

However, looks you applicants got lucky as just yesterday this announcement came through. So you should be good. Cheers!

I have already scheduled Visa Interview coming Monday before new 48 month rule for my spouse H4. I think, there will be no way to change that now I guess.

Thanks

Hi, Is the 48Months dropbox eligibility effective? Still the VISA appointment process shows 24months.

Did your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) expire within the last 24 months?
Note:Please be sure to select an interview waiver submission date at least 7 calendar days before your visa has been expired 24 months.

It seems the interview scheduling website has not updated their system yet.

The VISA appointment site has been updated with 48 months expiry
Screenshot 2021-03-16 101853