Child PR for Australia when kid was born outside Australia while parents are PR holders

Me and my wife are Australian PR holders and were blessed with a baby outside Australia.

I want to bring my child to Australia asap and can’t wait for 22-33 months for 101 Child VISA.

I have couple of questions:

1.) Can I take my child on tourist visa and apply 802 from Australia.
2.) If yes, what are the possibilities of getting an exemption during Covid.
3.) If no, what other options do I have?

Please suggest.

Thanks in advance.


It’s better to go through the normal PR channel.