Claiming Spouse points in a diffferent ANZSCO occupation

Hi Anil,

I’m going to apply for my skill assessment through ACS in this month. I have completed my Computer engineering and have 9 years of experience. I assume my ANZSCO occupation code is 261313 i.e software engineer.
My concern is how would I add my spouse points. She has done Bachelors in Accountant and Finance and currently working as an accountant in small firm. I have checked in Skill occupation list and there is opening for Accountant. i.e 221111.
Do I need to get her skill assessment along with PTE and how

Hi @Zaheed_Chougule

I have moved your question on this pages as it has already been answered above here.

Hi Anil,

I am planning to apply for PR under ICT Business Analyst subclass 189 or 190.

My spouse is HR Professional with 15+ years of experience , if we get her experience and education assessed from Vetassess for Hr Advisory Role …can i clam 5 points on positive assessment and 7+ ielts score… Role (223111: Human Resource Adviser) is listed for 190 Subclass but is not under MLTSSL or STSOL

pls help in understanding.

thanks
animesh

Hi @Kumar_2019

You can claim spouse points if your spouse’s job code falls in same occupation list as yours.

You can check Spouse points eligibility here .

As I understand, you may be able to claim points for different job code after November new rule. Job 10 points, English 5 points.

Hi @microhit

There are no different rules that had been shared by Australia Immigration as far as different occupation list is concerned. So, i assume this restriction will still stay.

The English points is an addition that should not have any occupation list criteria though.

I am submitting skilled assessment under “ICT Business Analyst”. 261111 I have 10 years of BA experience.
My spouse worked as Chartered accountant in India for 5 years. to claim positive spouse assessment , what should be the code for my spouse
What should be assessment code for CA under acs.org.au

Thanks
sundar.neo

Hi @sundar.neo

You have to choose the ANZSCO code yourself based on what your wife’s daily job activities are. I cannot suggest anything.

Hi Anil,
Thanks for your email.
I have one more related question my wife is currently working as HR Manager from last 9 years , before that she was working as Business Analyst from 2007 till 2011 , If i apply her ACS assessment as ICT BA what are the chances of positive assessment. Her Education is Bachelor of Arts.

Appreciate if you can advise.
Thanks
Animesh

Hi @Kumar_2019

ACS will only count work experience from BA years. All other work experience not relevant for BA job will be completely ignored.

Thanks for reply
My questions , since there is no ACS for CA job to claim spouse points , she has worked in implementing software in her firm as performed BA role. Can I show as work as ACS under 261111 ICT Business analyst

Hi @sundar.ne
I don’t understand your question. You have written everything in one sentence.

Can you break it and explain the situation?

My questions ,

• I am applying under 261111 ICT Business analyst

• My wife is Chartered accountant in India . she has 4.5 yrs exp . Is there any ACS for CA to claim spouse points in same category.

• In her CA firm , she was responsible and managed the implemention of software , where she gained some IT experience. Can that be projected as IT Project manager and submit ACS for that job responsibility

Hi @sundar.neo

The assessment company name depends on what ANZSCO job code you choose for your wife.

If you think she did the software development and you choose any software code, then you can go ahead with ACS assessment.
But, don’t forget that her education is in accounting and she is a chartered accountant.

ACS looks for both education and work experience and matched them. You cannot just arbitrary choose anything.

You won’t get positive assessment if you mix things just to get points.

If my spouse gets positive assessment for CA role Accountant (general) – 221111 from CPAA , will that be sufficient for spouse points , considering I am submitting ACS under 261111 ICT Business analyst

Both job codes should fall under same occupation list for spouse points.

Thanks for reply.

both fall under MLTSSL . is it what same occupation list means ?

Yes, that’s correct.

Hi Anil,
Greetings!
My husband and I wanted to get our skill assessment done for Australian PR. I am a Computer Science Engineering bachelor degree holder with 14 years of IT experience and my husband is a Mechanical Engineering bachelor degree holder with 14 years of experience as a Mechanical Engineer (CAD/CAM).
My question is should both of us be applying for skill assessment with ACS (Australian Computer Society) or any other organization?

Thanks in anticipation.
Kind Regards
Malini

Hi @Malini

Each ANZSCO has its own assessment agency assigned to it. ACS is officially assigned to computer related professions.

You should first choose the job code and then select the assessment agency.