My PERM was filed in Jan 2020 and I’m still waiting on a response for the approval confirmation from DOL. Max out date on my H1B is end of August 2020 and I want to know what are the legal options? My company is prepared to file my i140 + H1B extension on Premium once the PERM approval comes through
- My wife is on H1B and her office is willing to file H4 for me so that I can continue staying in the US.
- If I’m to apply for a COS to H4, is it possible to resume work on my H1B when it gets approved?
- Is it possible to withdraw my H4 COS application as soon as my H1B gets approved?
- What will be the best time to apply for H4 COS as I know applying for that would mean I stop working on my current H1B. Also, I’m aware that I cannot burn out my current H1B completely and need some reserve days on it. So how many days in advance should I apply for COS?
- I heard from one of my friends that once H4 COS is applied, I cannot start work on my H1B after it comes through until a decision is made on my H4 COS which might take months.
- In this case, is B2 a safer and better option?
Please let me know