Current H1B Processing Time Questions & Answers

Originally published at:

3 posts were split to a new topic: H1B case status “Document was mailed” meaning

A post was split to a new topic: Should I accept back pay from H1B Employer today? Is it legal?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can L visa holder wait 2 years to get H1B consular processing stamp in Canada?

A post was merged into an existing topic: H4 Travel while extension in progress

6 posts were split to a new topic: How long does it take USCIS to acknowledge the RFE response receipt?

A post was merged into an existing topic: File H1B Transfer After i94 Expiry Questions & Answers

A post was merged into an existing topic: H1B Experience Specialty Occupation RFE Approval - California Premium Processing

Hi Anil,
I have submitted an application for H1B transfer from one academic institute to another in May under non-cap H1b. I was requested RFE due to a lack of the latest payslip. The RFE was received at USCIS on 16th June. I wanted to know how long it might take to get the response? Also, is it possible to expedite the application by filing premium processing? I am confused because RFE is already being received by USCIS. I have joined my new employer now under pending petition.

There is no fixed timeframe for regular applications.

You can upgrade your application to premium.

Thank you for responding to my query! It was very helpful.

Hi Anil,

I got an RFE for my H1B for current Year on september 7th and we replied 10 days ago. The case status changed to Document was mailed. Not sure what does this mean. I did ask my Employer. He told he will get in touch with the Attorney. Would be great if you can let me explain what does this mean?. Also, can you let me know if anyone got a similar case status. really appreciate your help Anil.

Thanks,
Pradeep.