Current H1B Processing Time Questions & Answers

Originally published at:

3 posts were split to a new topic: H1B case status “Document was mailed” meaning

A post was split to a new topic: Should I accept back pay from H1B Employer today? Is it legal?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Can L visa holder wait 2 years to get H1B consular processing stamp in Canada?

344 posts were split to a new topic: H1b Processing Time 2019 Archive

A post was merged into an existing topic: H4 Travel while extension in progress

6 posts were split to a new topic: How long does it take USCIS to acknowledge the RFE response receipt?

A post was merged into an existing topic: File H1B Transfer After i94 Expiry Questions & Answers

A post was merged into an existing topic: H1B Experience Specialty Occupation RFE Approval - California Premium Processing

Hi Anil,
My employer applied for my first time H1-b visa last year. In November they sent RFE and my employer said they have replied to it and they have done through premium processing on January 6th, 2020. But if I open the case number on USCIS website it still says the RFE was sent on Nov,13th 2019.( it doesn’t show RFE was received)
When I ask my employer they say the premium processing payment has not yet deducted.
Can you please share your experience of what is happening ? If they have put in premium processing it should come up in 15 days correct ?

Hi @Sandeep_Karne

Most probably, your employer has not filed for premium upgrade at all. We have not heard of any case where premium stays pending for more than 15 days.

Hi Anil

For my H1B,I got RFE in October and got RFE response submission receipt on September 24th from California centre.

It’s almost 130 days over and I didn’t got any response from USCIS. Any idea by when I can expect a response.

Thanks in advance for your help

Asit

Hi @asit_dash

RFE response from California is taking 100+ days these days. You should be able to get result soon.

Hi Anil, My h1b amendment has been raised in Oct 11 2019, for location change and client change with same employer. Can you please let me know when can I get a approval for the same? It is with Vermont Center. Your help is much appreciated.

A post was merged into an existing topic: L1 to H1 and L2 to H4 - will H4 and H4 EAD be approved with H1B?

HI Anil,

Can u please let me know when can we get the approval for an Amendment raised at Vermont center . As I can see in USCIS site… the processing times for I 129 form is 6.5 to 8.5 months for the visa to be issued abroad…I’m currently in India …and have no stamping …can u please shed some light on it … ur suggestion is greatly appreciated

Hi @antique

I have stopped giving individual case processing time estimates due to lack of time.

Thanks for your understanding.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: H1B extension Premium processing vs Regular Process

What is current processing time at vermont centre?