Current H1B Processing Time Questions & Answers

Hi @Anil.Gupta, I asked my attorney if there is a way to know this. From what I have researched I understood that the regular quota applications are picked first and then the remaining application eligible for Masters will go for 20,000 masters quota lottery picking. My application was filed with Masters information but I did not find anyway to know if it was picked in regular before masters quota itself. Any ideas on that?

Hi @Mansi

I do not know how to find it out. Sorry.

Thank you @Anil.Gupta for your time.

1 Like

@Anil.Gupta, I am worried now, no updates on my case, i completed 5 months on Sep 10th. Did you know any info on April filed cases.

Hi @Anil.Gupta ,
When would i potentially know decision on my case., (My CASE # is LIN19178XXXXX ) and its currently in Nebrasaka center., and its normal processing… May 20th,2019 is the Receipt Date. though each case is different, my friends who filed their extension cases after these dates also got approvals in august itself.

Hi @Lavanya_Kumari and @Sp22

There are delays at every service center and the processing time has increased.

There is no need to worry. You will get approval soon.

My employer filed h1 for me and it got picked up in lottery. I got confirmation on may 25th. Later, there was no update. Tentative visa completion date is 13 Sep. Work date starting is 1st Oct.

Till now I have not received any communication regarding my visa interview. I have wac number. I am afraid what would be the status. I asked with Immigration and even they have no idea.

Hi @anonymous

There is no need to worry. H1B processing is not guaranteed to finish before Oct 1.
This is normal and you may have to wait longer. You are not alone and this happens every year.

You can start your job as and when the H1B is approved.

Hi Sir,

I need your suggestions, My H1 B extension petition filed on Jun 3rd 2019 in Nebraska center in Regular mode, am waiting for decision.
Till now I didn’t receive any updates, am planning to convert to Premium.
Is it the right decision to convert to premium or do you want me wait for some time.

Thanks a lot for your services.

Hi @balugarjala

It is better to convert to premium if you have any immediate need of travel or filing H1B transfer. Else, you can wait.

Thank you Sir, my only concern is I have submitted SOW which is valid till 31st dec 2019 and we have not submitted Client letter, submitted MSA.

SOW is till 31st dec, so am thinking it’s better to wait or go for premium.

Thank you

Bala

Hi @balugarjala

It is difficult to suggest anything given the limited information that you have shared here. I usually always suggest to go premium and get peace of mind.

If you have doubts on SOW, it is better to go premium and see what happens rather than waiting and then get something after i94 expiry.

Hi Anil,

I am working with Indian MNC and my lottery is got selected in Consular processing for California centre
When I check case status in USCIS Tool, which showing- We have received your case on May 3, 2019.My Reciept Number start with: WAC191885****
It’s a regular processing.
When I can expect any updates for my case from USCIS. Thanks in advance

Hi @Amit-Rastogi

You can expect your H1B approval by Nov 2019 second week end.

Thank you for quick response.

Hi @Anil.Gupta,

Can you please let me know when can I expect my h1b extension to get a result? It was applied under normal processing on Aug 8 with receipt# SRC**** (To texas service center)?
Appreciate your help. Thanks much.

Sumit

Hi @Sumit_Bramhe

You can expect your H1B approval by Jan 2020 end.

Hi @Anil.Gupta ,

My petition (H1B Amend and Extension combined) receipt date is 1/16/2019. I had received an RFE and responded to it on 6/10/2019. Ammendment was filed for location change. It is a full time internal position, so no client/vendor involved. The current status shows as

“Response To USCIS’ Request For Evidence Was Received”
On June 10, 2019, we received your response to our Request for Evidence for your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number WAC19XXXXXXX.

My existing petition and I-94 ended on 5/5/2019. When can I expect the approval? Should I raise SR as it’s been almost 8 months from the receipt date.

Thanks!

Thanks @Anil.Gupta

Regards,
Sumit Bramhe

Hi @ps7

The average RFE response time is 90+ days.

You can raise an SR to check on status if your receipt date is older than what is shown on USCIS website.