DHS Changing H1B Specialty Occupation Definition Questions & Answers

This page has comments for

I know the information available is very limited . Does this rule if passed affects new petitions or even to approved LCA and petitions?

Thanks

It applies to every new and extension/amendment/transfer going forward. Historical petitions will not be affected.

1 Like

@himeshkaul : New and extension petition means ? I have filed my Extension petition and received on Sep 2. Once if the rule passes , will there be an effect of my H1-B extension petition as my LCA is already approved by DOL.

@system : Hi Team , I have filed my Extension petition and received on Sep 2. Once if the rule passes , will there be an effect of my H1-B extension petition as my LCA is already approved by DOL. Or will this have effect on the applications those would be filing after the rule gets published in the federal register.

It depends on what DHS will write in the final rule.

Hi,

I have a pending LCA application which was applied on October 2nd. Would this impact my application?

Hi, I have an approved I797A until end of 2022. My question is, will these rules, if implemented, affect my ability to get H1B stamping successfully?

Any clues on US work experience can be counted in place of a degree in the required occupation?

Hi ,

I have my H1-B recently approved with employer A and started from Oct 1,2020 ,I got a new offer with Employer B and he wants file change of employer.

1.Its only 3 weeks since my H1-B started ,can i move away from my initial employer
2. Employer B has a position on client location ,according to new rules if file a new LCA for change of employer will i get only one year.

Thank you,
Manoj

You can change the Employer.

The new rule is scheduled to be applicable from dec 8 2020.

Thank you for prompt reply ,I heard that we need stay with current employer who filled the H1-b for at least min of 3 paychecks duration,is it true.

My H1-b is filled under Master quota.

Thanks again,
Manoj