Do i need new ACS Assessment if it is expiring before Visa Lodgement?

Hello Anil,

Hope you are well.

I received my invitation on 11th March and my ACS got expired on 23rd March.
I went through with so many blogs and everybody is saying if you received your invitation before ACS expires ( As in my case), nothing to worry, Case officer wont ask for ACS renewal. But my agent is saying that CO will ask for the ACS renewal even if you get the invitation before ACS expires.

Need your suggestion here ; shall i go ahead and renew my ACS ? Appreciate your help.

Warm Regards.

You should apply for new ACS assessment if it expires before your PR lodge.

Case officer (CO) will ask for a new ACS report as it has expired before submitting your invitation and paying fees.
Your agent is correct.

If you wait for CO officer to contact and then apply for ACS, you will add about 60-90 days of delay to your application yourself.

Hello Anil,

Thankyou for your response.

Can you please check these as i am applying for 189 : Can you please clarify and confirm, i am little confused now.

https://movemigration.com.au/skills-assessment-validity/

A skills assessment must be valid at the time of lodgement for the following visas:

The Direct Entry stream of the Employer Nominated Scheme (subclass 186) visa;
The Direct Entry stream of the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (subclass 187) visa; and
The Graduate Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.

A skills assessment must be valid at the time of invitation to apply through SkillSelect for the following visas:
Skilled – Independent (subclass 189) visa;
Skilled –Nominated (subclass 190) visa; and
Skilled Regional (Provisional) (subclass 489) visa.

I cannot comment on what other sites are showing.

Please check with those site/agent about what they have written.

A post was split to a new topic: Does employer has to pay for Visa 186 cost in Australia?

@Anil.Gupta: One more question: My ACS Assessment is expiring on 18th February. So if i don’t get invite before feb, do i need to apply for reassessment?

Hi @Nakul_Rathi

Your question has been answered above. Please read.

1 Like

Thanks buddy! :slight_smile:

A post was split to a new topic: What happens if ACS assessment expires AFTER 190 visa lodge but BEFORE grant?