Do I need to resubmit application if I forgot to enter middle name of my spouse name for passport renew/reissue

Hi, I followed these very well documented steps Renew Indian Passport in USA (VFS Process, Documents) - USA to reissue my passport. Only problem is that in the Indian Govt website, when I submitted the application, I accidentally forgot the middle name of my spouse.


  1. Is the middle name going to be a concern? my marriage certificate and my spouse’s passport contain his middle name
  2. If so, is there a way to cancel the application from Passport Seva at Indian Embassies and Consulates and reapply?
  3. Thing is I have also submitted the vfs application and made payment for the courier labels using the ARN. Will I be able to change the ARN?

Thank you

Yes, ideally name should match what’s on passport and marriage certificate.

I am assuming you are yet to send the application. You can fill another application. In fact, you can fill as many as you want. The one you send is considered as your application. You can reach out to VFS to see if they can get ARN (new application) changed for the label. If not, you will have to go for refund. See below:

1 Like

Thank you so much. Yes, I will actually submit another application from the and request VFS to change the ARN