Do I need to sign each every page of POA or only on last page would be fine?

Hi Anil,

I appreciate your excellent article about the POA process. I have few question regarding POA attestation.

1. Currently I am living in Huntsville Alabama. Do I need to go to Washington DC or can I get it done in Atlanta indian consulate office?

2. Do I need to sign each every page of POA or only on last page would be fine? So I can leave some space accordingly.

Thanks,
Rakesh.

Hi Rakesh,

Each Indian consulate has its regional jurisdiction. In Alabama’s case, it is Atlanta. Any other consulate will not entertain your request.

It is up-to you to sign on all pages or just the last page. Consulate does not provide any specific instructions on this point. You can sign on the last page and they will be okay.

Basically, they don’t care about what you write and how you write. They just attest the signatures.
As per my own opinion, you should sign on all the pages to make your POA tamper proof. Remember, if you do not sign on all pages, it is possible for someone (or POA holder) to change the intermediate page with his own text.