Do I qualify for Emergency Appointment to get Stamping in India?

Hi All,

I have been working with same employer and same client since January 2018 and had to return back to India due to family emergency during July 2020. Presently I am working from India for same job. Can anyone please confirm if I qualify for emergency appointment to get visa stamping as per below point mentioned in exceptions.Thank you.

*Travel by applicants seeking to resume ongoing employment in the United States in the same position with the same employer and visa classification. Forcing employers to replace employees in this situation may cause financial hardship. Consular officers can refer to Part II, Question 2 of the approved Form I-129 to determine if the applicant is continuing in “previously approved employment without change with the same employer.”

Hi,
I recently got my visa stamped H1 via Dropbox under this same criteria.
Let me know if u need details.

Hi Abhisheke,

I initially had Visa stamped from Company A which was valid from September 2015 and expired on June 2018. After that I have transferred to Company B on January 2018 and did not have stamping since then because I was in US.
Can you please let me know if I qualify for Dropbox and advise where can I check for that . Thank you

I think there is. Dropbox eligibility calaculator on am22tech.com

As long as ur last I 129 says continued employment. You should be eligible for stamping.

Since ur last visa stamp expiry is June 2018, u would not qualify for Dropbox as it needs to less than 24 months

Get BlueMail for Android

Hi Abhisheke,

Looks like I donot qualify for dropbox since my visa expired for more than 24 months. Can you please let me know if I qualify atleast for Emergency Stamping. Thank you.

You can try to request for emergency appointment after scheduling a regular appointment with the embassy.
It ll be upto them to decide.

Hi Abhishek, Can i have your email id to get more details on this? Thanks.

Hi Ram,
Not sure what your situation is, I was able to get a Dropbox appointment in Sep 2020. Things have changed a lot now.
Let me know how I can be of assistance in answering your queries.
Thanks