Document Is Being Held For 180 Days

Hi Anil,

I have applied for H4 renewal in April 2020 and completed my Biometrics on Oct 2020.
Now my case status is " Document Is Being Held For 180 Days"

On October 25, 2020, the Post Office returned your document for your Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, Receipt Number WAC201XXXXX, to us because they could not deliver it. We will hold your document for 180 days or until April 25, 2021. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request that we re-send the document to you, or contact the USCIS Contact Center at USCIS Contact Center | USCIS. If you do not submit an online request or call us by April 25, 2021, we will destroy your document and you will need to file a new Form I-539, Application To Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, with fee. If you move, go to How to Change Your Address | USCIS to give us your new mailing address.

Any idea what is this means ? When I tried calling the representative they are not sure what they have sent to me and got returned ?

Pls provide me some inputs on this

Thanks
Rajini

Did you check with your local USPS post office as to why they could not find your address and returned the mail?

They may have approved your EAD or H4 and that may be the document that has been returned.

Hi Anil,
I did check with them but they are asking for tracking number since there is no tracking I am not able get any information from them. I am just waiting to talk to tier2 officer and check whether I did receive any approval notice or not… As per the agents they say there is no notice has been sent it seems. But not sure y they have updated the status as above… Might be incorrect status I guess will double check on that…
Thanks
Rajini N

Hello Rajini,

May I know what happened to your case status after that? Was that “document being held” status valid or invalid ? I am in same situation too. Please help

Hi Monika, they told it was an system error and they didnt send me the documents …

Thanks,
Rajini