Dropbox stamping in current scenario and Passport validity requirement

Hi, greetings for the day.

I had queries regarding few items as mentioned below:

1. My H1B and spouse’s H4 visa extensions were approved and we are planning to visit India in next month or two. Our visa expired in March 2020 so based on the criteria i believe we are still eligible to avail dropbox facility (since it is now valid for 24 months after visa expiry). I am checking with my company’s travel department and they are unable to see dropbox appointment dates for coming months (seems like dropbox appointment slots are opening in a random manner). Could you please let me know how else can i check the dropbox availability? If i directly check on the ustraveldocs website, will i have to fill the ds160 first and make the payment before it allows me to select/check the appointment dates?

2. Does DS160 has a time validity? If i fill DS160 for dropbox stamping now and then keep on checking for the availability of dropbox slots, is there a limitation on number of days a filled DS160 form will stand valid?

3. My spouse’s passport will expire in November 2021 and we are waiting for new vendor to start the operations for passport renewal as CKGS is no longer serving. Does the expiry date on current passport impact visa stamping (approved extension has validity till 2022)? If we stick to current passport that is expiring next year (without renewing for now) and go for dropbox stamping when available, will it impact the date on visa stamp (limit it to 2021 as per passport validity) or we will get the validity till 2022 as per revised validity in approved extension/i94?

Thanks in advance!

@anil_am22 could you please check on the above points and let me know/guide. Thanks!

I am also in the same position. @anil_am22, any help please.

My H1B and spouse’s H4 visa extensions were approved and we are planning to visit India in this month an family emergency. Our visa expired on passport in April 2020 so based on the 12 or 24 month criteria, I believe we are eligible to avail drop box facility. Could you please let me know how else can i check the dropbox availability?

Currently dropbox appointments are open in Hyderabad or still it was closed?

Thanks!!

Real dates for Dropbox appointment availability can only be checked while booking the appointment.

The 24 month criteria is only applicable if your dropbox appointment date is on or before Dec 31, 2020 as of today. DHS may or may not extend this facility beyond Dec 31, 2020.

Thanks.