EB2 vs EB3 approaches

My PD is Nov 2014, former employer applied in EB2 category and I-140 was approved in June 2015. My new employer has filed for Labor/PERM and now is ready to file I-140. Should I stick with EB2 category or file I-140 on EB3 instead?

You should check with your ex-employer if they are ok to process your AOS (if the GC job is still available for you) if your priority date becomes current in future.

I would go with EB3 filing (premium processing) with the new employer and port the priority date of Nov 2014. Strong chances that your priority date may be current by end of this year in the EB3 final action chart.

1 Like

Thanks Kalpesh, any thoughts on EB3 retrogressing in the next few months due to the large volume of downgrades from EB2 making EB2 faster?

Checkout the below youtube video and hear from Charlie Oppenheim on the chances of retrogress.

Hello Everyone,

What are the chances for GC or EAD for EB2 with PD Oct 2013? My employer won’t downgrade so that option is closed for me.
Kindly suggest if there is any light in this endless tunnel?

Check out the youtube interview of Charlie Oppenheim who controls the filing dates.