Employer Change after i-140 approved(PD Jan'2013 EB2 India) - Downgrade or keep same with new Employer?

Hi @anil_am22 , Forum,

Need a suggestion from folks here - here is my scenario >>>

I have an originally approved I-140 EB2 India - Priority Date = January 2013
I am in mid of Employer(Job) Change and new employer will start Green Card Process using same Priority Date from my approved I-140 from current Employer.
Now that in July’2021 Visa Bulletin, EB3 Dates for India has moved 13 months to January’2013(Few days from my Priority Date) while EB2 Dates for India has moved 7 months to June’2011 >>>

Question1> : Shall I consider filing my GC with New Employer on EB3 ?(as looks like EB3 moving faster and very close - assuming in next 6 to 12 months, EB3 GC dates will not “retrogress back” ) ?

Or it makes Sense to file at least on same category, i.e., EB2 with new Employer and then downgrade based on how dates move(as many folks jumped from Eb2 to EB3 - India, its likely that EB3 date movement might be slower further compared to EB2 date movement)

Question2> : When it comes to filing PERM/labor & getting new I-140 with new Employer, does that usually takes longer like first time PERM, I-140 approval ?

Thank you !

Oops, not a good time for a change of employer!

I think EB2 & 3 both are equally good as you are few months away from being able to file. Just do a toss and pick one. :slight_smile: Jan 2013 seems like will hold on and not retrogress in either of the categories.

Question2> : When it comes to filing PERM/labor & getting new I-140 with new Employer, does that usually takes longer like first time PERM, I-140 approval ?

2 Likes

Thank you - This s how Date movement looks for last 6 months for INDIA >>>

@anil_am22 : How are you?
My priority date with previous company I140 is Jan 2016 under EB2
Now the current company filed Labor on Apr 2021
I got job in another company Fedex Services with 15% salary increase
Shall I change the job now and after that I will start labor and I140 there.
Will my priority date becomes current by this Oct 2021?

Is there any issues to change company now?
Your advice will be more helpful now?

Please reply now

Thank
Ramkumar Yella