Expediate passport renewal - Emergency travel

I applied for Indian passport renewal in normal processing and need to travel to India. My Immediate family member is in a medical emergency. The status of the application both on VFS and government website is “Your application has reached the Embassy/Consulate and is currently under review process”. What are my options in this situation, any help is appreciated.

Reach out to Consulate/embassy through email, phone & twitter. If you get hold of any staff, explain them your situation clearly. They can expedite it for you if they are convinced.

I have same situation. My application status shows
“Your application has reached at the Embassy/Consulate and is currently under review process”
I have USCIS Interview soon. Need passport for my interview. Couldn’t get hold of anyone from indian embassy at SFO. VFS couldn’t help. Please help with any information.

Unfortunately, other than reaching out to consulate (as suggested above) and waiting for them to reply, you can’t do much about it.

More often than not, you will get standard response (i.e. if you get any) - patience appreciated - citing 30 days period part of process or, COVID related delay, if it’s beyond 30 days.

Medical emergency can be explained, if only someone’s listening.

2 Likes