Expedite process for Spouse of USC after documents reviewed

@anil_am22

Hello,

My case is in a state where all documents have been qualified on July 23rd and waiting for visa interview date. It has been 76 days but no response from NVC regarding the interview date, likely because of COVID-19 and local embassy (Mumbai).

I have few questions:

1. As per US embassy India (Visas | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in India), “We have resumed processing of spouses (IR-1/CR-1) and children (IR-2/CR-2) of U.S. citizens in chronological order of how they were received.”

Dose this mean I can get visa interview date anytime soon with routine processing?
Have you seen anyone getting interview date for Spouse of USC during this time?
Is US embassy in India only scheduling interview of Spouse of USC where their appointment got cancelled/delayed around March time?

1. As per US embassy India (Visas | U.S. Embassy & Consulates in India), “In addition, we are providing emergency visa services to spouses and children who request expedited interviews through the NVC, …”

Can I apply for expedite process with just writing a letter?
I don’t really have a document proof of the hardship we face.
Can the expedite process rejection affect routine process?
Would you recommend for applying for expedite process with hardships that mostly everyone faces with long distance relationship?
As per your experience what would be the outcome in case if I apply for expedite process?

You can apply for expedited processing and see if they approve it.

It should not affect regular processing time even if the expedite request is not honored.