First time approved H1B Petition, Visa not stamped, Currently in India, H1B Extension possible?

Hi Anil,

I am in India and got my first approved H1B petition (I-797) with validity from Aug 2019 to Aug 2021 but I don’t have stamped H1B Visa because I could not go for stamping due to family issues and covid situation. What options do I have now considering the US Consulates are open for emergency appointments only and the petition will be expiring in next 3 months:

1. Can I go for H1B extension without having the stamped H1B Visa before the current petition expires while in India?
  2. Let’s say if I go for H1B stamping and gets the stamped Visa but could not travel to USA because of travel ban. Can I get the H1B extension initiated before my current petition expires while in India?
  3. Let’s say if I go for H1B stamping but gets denial. Can I go for new H1B petition in cap exempt and start the process from there?
  4. Let’s say I could not get the stamping done because of emergency appointments only and the petition expires. Can I go for new H1B petition in cap exempt and start the process from there?

Sorry for asking so many questions, your response and help is much appreciated on this.

Thanks