Form 221g Admin processing - No client contact - waiting

Hi @Confused

Which US embassy is it? Do you know the normal processing time at this US embassy?

The only legal option available to you if filing writ of mandamus to speed up form 221g processing.

This option can help if your application has been pending for more than normal processing time at that location.

Otherwise, you can only wait.

Here is an update, I received an email to submit my passports from Chennai consulate.

They did not contact my client or mid vendor, I checked with both of them. Don’t know how they did the client verification without contacting.

Although my employer asked me not to contact, I did contact consulate through multiple polite emails. Even offering to provide any details that could aid the process. I received an standard reply of “180 days wait time”. but within a day they approved it.

Lessons learnt, no harm in requesting for status, sometimes it may work.

Thank you Anil!

-Not confused now.

1 Like

Congratulations on your visa approval.

Anil,

Sorry to bug you again, I submitted the passports yesterday, it is still in transit and have not reached the consulate yet, However, the status on the CEAC website now shows as refused, the exact text is given below. but all these days it was showing as Adim process. The dates have not changed either. I am unable to understand, they just asked for passports a day before and now its been refused?

“A U.S. consular officer has adjudicated and refused your visa application. Please follow any instructions provided by the consular officer. If you were informed by the consular officer that your case was refused for administrative processing, your case will remain refused while undergoing such processing. You will receive another adjudication once such processing is complete. Please be advised that the processing time varies and that you will be contacted if additional information is needed. For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV or the website for the Embassy or Consulate at which you made your visa application.”

Hi @Confused

Nothing can be said until you receive your passport back. It could be a wrong update online too.

I suggest to wait and watch.

1 Like

Hi @Confused

I have verified and you are not alone. There are many people who got this status updated to ‘Refused’.
No need to worry.

1 Like

@Anil.Gupta,

Thank you for the clarification, I almost lost hope in this admin process. my passports have reached consulate today, hope they issue it soon.

Have a great day!

2 Likes

Hi Can i know when did you submit passport to the consulate?

Hello,

Dropped at VFS on 2nd and it reached Chennai consulate on 4th as per the travel docs, Whats your case? My CEAC status is not changed yet

Hi,
Thank you for giving reply.
My case is similar to you, i dropped at VFS on 2nd and it reached chennai consulate today as per the travel docs, even my CEAC status is showing as refused.

1 Like

HI, Keep me posted if you seen any updates, I will do the same.

@Anil.Gupta

March 05, I see the status changed again from refused to admin processing.

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Hi @Confused

That’s fine. This change started happening for lot of people yesterday. I reported it on CEAC status change article as one user in Canada saw this change back to Administrative processing.

Thanks Anil, Any idea how long it might take to get the visa issued?
I was thinking asking for passports was an approval. I will update once I see any change.

It usually takes anywhere between 1-5 days to issue visa after your passport reaches consulate.

Hi @Anil.Gupta,

The status changed to issued in CEAC, and the passport status changed to
“Passport has been received from the consular section, and is currently being processed for delivery”.
I hope there will be a visa on the passport without any surprise.

2 Likes

Don’t worry. Your visa has been approved.

Don’t forget to buy sweets for friends in US :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure!, Thank you @Anil.Gupta!

Hi,
Still my status did not changed , Want to know about your status , is there any update regarding your status.

My visa was issued the next day, passports received today at VFS

2 Likes