Get Australia, Canada PR and Still Work on H1B Visa - Questions & Answers

This page has comments for

I am working for an US company on H1B and my wife is moving to Canada on ICT visa. We still don’t have Canada PR. I would need to travel back and forth every month or so. I know 186 days presence will make me resident. Is it legal, in both US and Canada, to travel on dependent visa to Canada and continue to work from home for my US employer, say for 179 days from Canada?