Indian Embassy PCC Process (in USA for NRI)

They just see your passport if you apply in person and return it to you.

Hi Anil,
For SFO Indian consulate pcc form there is a field for mentioning previous passport, my question is it for old expired passport or the current new one?

Thanks

Hi @rahul_shrivastava

Do you think a screen shot would help understand your question in a better way?

Anil,

Sorry, I forgot to mention form name and all. Attached is the screenshot, I am talking about point 12. It’s in personal particular form.

Yes, it does mean that you need to share details of all previous and expired passports.

A post was merged into an existing topic: PCC from SFO Indian Embassy processing Time

A post was split to a new topic: Will RPO give PCC on same day in India or there be a physical verification by a police officer?

What is the Address @Houston Indian embassy to mail the documents for PCC? Can we track the application online?

Hi @krisjans

Check mailing address on Houston Indian embassy website.
There is no tracking provided by Indian embassy.

Could you please confirm if we need to send original passport or notarized copy would suffice for pcc from indian embassy ?

The information on website says notarized copy.

Hi @rajeevchandramca

Original passport is required but they have made an exception due to COVID if you read the embassy page.

They have clearly mentioned that you are allowed to send notarized copy and not original passport due to Coronavirus situation.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Indian PCC validity for Canada PR

Hi Anil,
Thank you for your patient answers. They clarified most of my questions except one important one of mine.

I am living in US for a few years and currently dont have any address of residence back in India. How do I apply for PCC?
Thank you,
shar

Hi @strngerstruggle

Did you read the full article for getting Indian PCC in the USA?

New York consulate provides PCC same day. They take roughly 1-1.5 hour.
It does not matter if your passport was issued at NYC consulate.
That office is super efficient! Much better than any US government office per my experience.

Hi,
I have been in India since March 2020 though I was working in the US before coming here to renew my US visa; I got stuck here due to covid closures. Can I get PCC from the local passport Seva Kendra while I am here (for almost 6 months this year)? My permanent address is the same as in my passport. I will be moving back to USA in a month or so, and am waiting for the Australian 189 visa invitation (95 points, life scientist). Please let me know if you can.
Thanks
Ravi

Hi @Ravindra_P_N

You can apply PCC at Indian passport office but a physical address police verification would be required.

1 Like

Thanks, @anil_am22.

Update: I went to Bangalore Passport office today and finished the process there. They asked for police verification because my current passport was issued in Canberra though my permanent address is the same. The police verification happened on the same day after I returned to my place. I am hoping to get the certificate by post soon.

Regards

1 Like

Hi,

I have seen in one of the posts on this forum that for PCC applications, Police verification is only done if the address on passport is more than 13 years old i.e. the passport with the same address was issued more than 13 years ago. Is this accurate?
I have recently applied for PCC and i am worried there might be a delay if it goes for police verification in India. The house is closed as myself and my parents live abroad which may cause delay in verification.
My first passport with the current address was issued in June 2009.
Please advise on this.

Hi,

I need help to get to know about some process and timeline to get PCC from Indian consulate embassy Atlanta US,

I’m planning to travel to Canada on November 15th 2020, but before that I would need to have PCC with me.

If I apply for PCC now, how long would it take to get it delivered?

Do I need to send my Original Passport?

I have just recently renewed my Indian Passport from Indian Embassy Atlanta,

Please help me out in this situation.

Thanks,

Tushar