I think this question may have been asked before but I’m just trying to find out the latest information as some of the posts are not up-to-date (as of Jun 2021).
I was laid off from my job on Mar 05, 2021 with my i-94 and H-1B expiring on Apr 3, 2021, as did my visa stamp in my passport. I filed for H4 COS (first time filing H4) on Mar 31,2021 to remain in status. My H4 is still pending and I haven’t received any invitation for biometrics.
Now, I have a job offer and have the following questions:
- Is there way to expedite my H4 application?
- Can I have the employer file for H-1B COS on a pending H4 application?
- If not COS, should I opt for Consular Processing for H-1B?
- If I do #2, do I need to withdraw my H4 application?
- If H-1B Consular Processing get approved (no reason why it shouldn’t), where can I reasonbly go for a Visa Stamp, given the current COVID situation around the globe. I am not really a front-line or emergency worker. Are regular appointments even an option? (Not emergency ones).
I realize this is not a forum for ‘legal advice’ but I’m just wondering if others have been in a similar situation recently (after India COVID downfall), what their actions were and what was their experience like?
I do appreciate everyone’s time and input. Hopefully, this post will be helpful to many people!