H1-B COS premium processing : Can applicant/beneficiary call USCIS Premium processing contacts given in the receipt notice?

Greeting to AM22TECH forum. Please help with your suggestions with below request.
I am Currently in USA.
01/28/2020 : Initial H1- B Change of Status filed ( Premium Processing transfer to new company)
01/31/2020 : RFE issued in just 2 days.
04/15/2020 : RFE response was submitted.
My USCIS online account shows premium processing cycle started on April 15.
05/15/2020: My attorney reached out USCIS after a month mentioning this is a premium processing.
Response form USCIS :
“Good afternoon,
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) records show that your case is currently pending adjudication. However, we have had to perform additional reviews on your case, and this has caused a longer processing time. If the Premium Processing timeframe of 15 calendar days has passed then a refund of the premium fee will be processed after the adjudication is complete.
We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.“

There is no update online after that. My attorney/employer is showing least interest now to follow up one more time. Also my employer is now more interested in getting the refund of premium processing rather than keeping it as it and get this approved soon.

Can I as a beneficiary/applicant of the H1-B petition reach out USCIS to inquire again before they do a refund of premium processing amount?
Am I legally allowed to call the USCIS phone numbers or emails given in the Nebraska Premium processing section in the H1-B receipt notice?
Great thanks to this forum which educates so many people in distress.

1 Like

Only Employer or their attorney can call USCIS to ask for H1B application status.

USCIS will not tell you anything even if you call as its considered a privacy issue. They will simply ask you to ask attorney to call them.

H1B is an employer’s application and not employee.

Thank you very much Anil.
Appreciate your help.