H1B 6 years max out extension

I had my H1b with employer A until Feb 2020 while my perm was pending. My employer and lawyer suggested I go to india before jan2020 to avoid filing h1 under lottery process because I would be eligible to file h1 extension after I have an approved i140. I now have an approved i140 with the same employer A and will be filing h1b extension. I want to know if once i have an approved h1 i797, then:

1. Can I apply for visa stamping before march 31 ?
  2. Will I be eligible for dropbox ? (My last stamping was with Employer X in May2018 valid until Dec 2019)
  3. Will I be part of h1b travel exempt ? (not very clear on the exempt criteria)

thank you

someone please respond to my questions please.

1. Assuming that you get your H1 extension approval, you will be able to apply for visa stamping. It depends whether US consulates have started taking appointments in these COVID days. If they have, then you should be able to schedule it.
  2. Usually dropbox is valid if the last expired visa was with 12 months, but as per this - Expansion of Interview Waiver Eligibility, it is extended to 24 months. You will come to know whether you are eligible or not once you apply for visa on https://www.ustraveldocs.com/.
  3. I am not super clear on H1B travel exempt. But i found this article - H1B Travel Ban Stays, Family GC Ban Lifted by Biden (Work Visa Suffers!) - USA. Hope it helps.

Note: The above comments are just for informational purpose and shouldn’t be taken as legal advice. If you need legal advice then you should contact immigration attorney

Thanks
Annie

thank you for replying back. my h1b premium was filed in VT office and its been more than 10 days now but there was no communication from uscis office about case number or anything. Any idea how long its taking in VT?

When you say no communication, do you mean you did not receive receipt notice?
Generally, H1B when filed in premium should receive receipt notice over email of attorney. USCIS is required to adjudicate the premium cases within15 days, or else they have to refund premium processing fees.
Check with your attorney if they have received any communication.

Note: The above comments are just for informational purpose and shouldn’t be taken as legal advice. If you need legal advice then you should contact immigration attorney

Thanks
Annie

Thanks, lawyer received receipt number 3 days late view mail for some reason.