H1B 60-day Grace USCIS Rule - Lay off, H4 EAD work (Severance Time)?

Hi Anil,

My Spouse lost job in H1b on Feb 28th 2023 and her grace period is ending on 29th April 2023. she is still looking for new job and we have applied for H4 COS/EAD which is still pending with USCIS. here My question is

1. if she get the job with in 60 days can we file H1b transfer when H4 cos is pending with USCIS and start working on H1b Transfer receipt. and how will the approval works here, does uscis adjust the H4 Cos based on new H1B petition?

2. if she get the job after 60 days grace period, do we need to apply for H1b transfer or H1B COS with H4 cos is pending with USCIS.

Could you please help with these scenarios?

Hello,

I was laid off on March 31, 2023. A H1-B petetion is filed and reached USCIS on May 25, 2023. But due to the lawyers missing a document, the application is sent back. My 60-day grace period ends on May 30, 2023. The documents are sent back again, but what date will be taken as H1 initiation now?

Thank you!

Have you got the response? what is the current status?

@vkanu001 Hi Shivam, can you confirm if your grace period started from Feb 7th or Jan 10th?

Hi, I was laid off on Aug 28th 2023(last day of work). But I got a notice period of 30 days. This period i will be paid. And top of it i get 2 week severance. So when does the grace period of 60 days start? is it aug 28th or Sept 11th or Oct 12th?

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: H4 staying in USA while H1 is travelling to India for short vacation