H1B Amendment while 221g In process

Hi Anil,
I received 221g white slip during during H1B stamping and VO asked for additional documents i.e SOW and Client letter. My interview was on Nov 22nd. As my current client is not going to wait until this221g is resolved , My employer has identified a new client for me and filing amendment in premium. Then I will go for stamping again. I am confused on following points.

1. Will the pending 221g will have impact on stamping for amendment?
  2. Should I withdraw pending 221g and go for stamping?

Regards,
Kshitish

You can either wait or withdraw the pending visa application.

If you withdraw, you will need to file a new application once you have the amendment approval copy.

Thanks Anil. One question after reading your comment.

If I don’t withdraw the visa application, then once Amendment is approved also I have to take new appointment for visa stamping or I can port earlier appointment for quicker stamping date.

This is a new client compared to earlier 221g stamping request.

Regards,
Kshitish

I am not aware of any porting mechanism unless US embassy asks you to submit new documents.

Hi Anil,
My amendment got approved. It’s for a new client, new location with same employer. There is no update on my pending 221g. Please let me know the safest option now. Should I book a new visa appointment based on approved amendment or wait for response of 221g then move ahead. The question is will pending 221g impact during stamping ?

Regards,
Kshitish

My suggestion is to withdraw pending application and file new one for approved amendment.

You should also first talk to your employer attorney and then decide the next steps.

Hi Kshitish , Could you please contact me din6mis@gmail.com

Hi @Dinesh_M

I suggest to not share email publicly. It will invite spam.