Need urgent advise as I need to make a decision soon .
My H4 EAD is valid till 01-Jun-2021 and I have applied for H4 and EAD renewal in US. Given the processing delays I am trying to move to H1B.I have a approved I140 and based on that my employer is planning to file H1B in consular processing which means I need to travel to India for Visa Stamping and post that I can start working on H1B .
Below are my questions:
If H1B is approved now can I continue to work in US till H4 EAD end date which is 1-Jun in my case . I am planning to travel to India for H1B stamping closer to EAD expiry date .Does this plan sound correct or is there any risk staying in US after H1B approved (consular processing)?
By any chance H1B stamping is rejected in consular processing , will I be eligble for H4 dropbox or H4 stamping would be only possible by consulate interview?
Looking forward for response. Thanks in advance.