Hi @anil_am22 ,
I need your experience and guidance regarding the situation am currently in. Below are the details:
Am a FTE for the current company for about 2 years. I’ve entered US in 2016 and my VISA expired in 2017. I’ve came to India on a medical emergency on 17th Mar 2021. Availed the new drop box facility with the new rule of 48 months eligibility.
NOTE: I’ve changed 3 employers from 2016 - 2021
Mar 30: Dropped documents
Mar 31: case created
April 5: Administrative Processing
April 12: Application Received (status reverted back)
April 27: Case Last updated changed but still the status shows Application Received
No further update after that.
Passport status says: “Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate”.
Am really worried as why the status changed from Admin processing to Application Received and is stuck there. I called VFS help center and emailed them. But all they explain to me is what I see in the status. Nothing more than that.
- Is this a normal scenario?
- Can I assume my application could end up in 221g / Security clearance? If yes, Will consulate notify me?
- How do I know any communication from US consulate asking for more documentation?
- I saw in other posts, the email could land in spam folder, what would be the from email address?
- What in case if I deleted the email from spam folder, is there a way to know what was the communication from US consualte?
Thanks in Advance,