H1B Extension and Amendment from India

Hello Expert,

I have a H1B Visa + Stamped which is valid till 18th May 2022 but it seems I cannot travel due to some personal work. Could you please confirm if I can file an extension from India and also amendment from India such that I can travel once I’m ready.

Any help will be appreciated.


Your employer can file cap-exempt H1B and once approved you will need a visa stamp to enter the the US if your current visa is not valid at the time you travel.

1 Like

Thanks Kalpesh do we have to wait for the existing Visa to expire or I can ask my Immigration team to initiate the H1B extension now itself. Is there any rule that existing one should expire before we file extension.

Extension can be done irrespective of visa status.

Thanks Kalpesh for helping me out.