H1B Form 221g - working from India for more than a year

If a person got stuck in India due to 221g on H1B

  1. can a person can work from India for US based company get US dollars as pay for entire 221g waiting period say may be more than one year?

It depends on your employer.

How will you prove your tax residency in US after 6 months of working in India?

How will you manage if USCIS comes to do a site visit when you are outside US?