H1B, H4 and H4 EAD Extension

Hello,

I am applying for my H1B extension and would like to know what would be the best option to get the H4 EAD approved as soon as possible. I have been reading a lot lately about this but its just too much information flying around and hard to figure out what is the latest and greatest.

Can I apply H1B in regular and H4 and H4 EAD in premium processing or is it something I should do all together?

H4 EAD is expiring in Nov 2021… still have some time but looks like extension taking some time now days. So please suggest the best way to get the H4 EAD approved before Nov 2021.

Thank you!

There is no premium processing to H4/EAD. So even if you file your H1B in premium along with H4/EAD, USCIS is only processing H1B in premium while H4/EAD are processing at a regular pace. Now that they have got rid of H4 Biometric, there is one less step however there are still delays in H4/EAD processing.

It is highly recommended to submit your extension application well in advance (can do up to 6 months in advance of your expiry date) and pray to God that it gets approved asap :slight_smile: but except for that there is not much you can do about the approval.

1 Like