H1B transfer while extension is just filed / pending

Currently, I am mulling about changing jobs and my current employer has just initiated my H1B extension (I have not sent the documents yet). Given this scenario which of these options would be a safe bet?

1. Delay sending documents/filing extension with my current employer (my H1B expires on 24th August 2021), switch to a new employer, and file for an extension.
  2. File for an extension for H1B, H4, and H4 EAD using premium processing (pay out of pocket) and then switch to the new employer, file for an H1B transfer.
  3. File for an extension for H1B, H4, and H4 EAD (Regular processing) and then switch to the new employer, file for an H1B transfer while the H1B extension is pending with the new employer?

Option 3 looks like a safe bet to apply H1B extension and then transfer.

@anil_am22 thanks for your reply. I am just worried about the h4/h4ead RFE in case I switch jobs and my old employer withdraws my petition. It looks like it’s already taking 8 months to a year for H4/H4 EAD approvals and won’t this switch extend the timeline ?

I would suggest to apply H4 and EAD again with transfer to be an safe side.

@anil_am22 thanks for your prompt response. Based on you experience, will doing job switches extend H4 / H4 EAD timeline as well ?

Each application you file starts its own timer. Its not cumulative.