H4 and H4 EAD Processing

Hi Kalpesh,
My existing I-797 (H4 approval) is only till Sep 2022. Since i need to fly canada prior to my H4 expiration which is Sep 2022.
While coming back from Canada, are there chances of getting my I-94 renewed only until Sep 2022 or will it be renewed until May 2025 based on my husband’s I-797 approval?
That’s my concern. Could you help me understand.

thanks

You will need to request the extension based on primary H1B I-797 and CBP should be able to do it.

Thanks very much.
Right now our H1B is filed in normal processing. Do you have any idea how long USCIS is taking to give approvals. We are thinking of changing it to premium to avoid delays. Please suggest what is the best option.

You will need to check the processing time for specific service center. If you intent for early approval, you should opt for PP.

Hi Kalpesh, Could you please share some references here which details the requisites to travel to Canada to get my I-94?

My I-94 got expired in 2016. I have my valid H4 approval till Sep 2022 which has I-94 number in it.

I am planning to go by air to Canada to get my I-94 to match with my husband’s H1B approval (till 2025). Should i apply for canada visa? If yes, could you please share some details/links how to apply?

Thanks,
Sailaja Prakash

1 Like

Hello Sailaja,
We are in an almost situation as yours. Were you able to get your i94?

Regards,
Mages

Not yet Mages, I am looking for some info like whether we need visa/travel card to visit canada or mexico to get I94? If you have any details pls share.