H4 and H4 EAD Withdrawal after H1B Approval

HI Anil,

My Spouse H1B got approved last week and we had filed her H4 and H4 EAD last month as well , which is currently in pending state.

We want to withdraw her H4 and H4 EAD and she wants to continue on her H1B.

Q-1-

I want to check if it is fine to mention " I want to continue on my current Visa status(H1B) with my current employer" as the withdrawal reason or Do we need to mention some personal reason like future travel plan ? [We might be travelling to India after 3-4 months.(Tentative)]

Q -2 - Do we need to send current H1b approval notice as well in case we mention H1B continuation as withdrawal reason ? We will be sending the receipt notice ( H4 and H4 EAD) with the withdrawal letter.

Q 3 We need to send the letter to USCIS Vermont Service Center ( EAC-) though we sent the actual h4 petition docs to USCIS Dallas Lockbox Facility as H4 was filed separately. Please confirm if this is correct understanding.

Thanks in Advance !!

Regards,
Mohit

You can mention any legitimate reason for withdrawal. There is nothing wrong with it.

There is no need to send current H1B approval.

You should send the H4 and H4 EAD withdrawal letter to Vermont service center if the H4 extension receipt number starts with EAC.

Hi Anil,

Me and my family already residing in USA on H1 and H4 visa which is valid until 07/2022.

Recently I got offer from another company and the new company started my H1B and H4 transfer. I got H1B approval from the new company but H4 is still in pending status. Now due to COVID situation I decided not to join the new company and stay back with current company. Also new company didn’t send application to revoke my H1B.

Today I got ASC appointment notice from USCIS for biometrics for H4 dependents.

Please advise:-

1. Do I need to go for this biometrics appointment or I can ignore the notice ? I don’t want to attend this biometric as we already have H4 valid till 2022.

2. Is it going to impact existing H4 visas for my dependents which is still valid till 07/2022 ?

3. Do I need to send any application to USCIS to cancel the new H4 application ? If yes then what would be the reason I need to mention in the application ?

4. Any other action required from my side ?

Thanks a lot
Manu

1 Like