H4 COS Approved, H4 EAD Pending

Hi Anil,

Good Day! I need some help to understand the possible outcomes in my case and potential bail out solution.

Service Center: California

1. I had applied for H4 COS in the month of April 2020. I finally received my approval in the month of March 2021, valid until 29th July 2021(based on H1B). My biometrics was completed in the month of Feb 2021.
  2. I had filed for my H4 EAD(Initial (a)(26)) as a stand-alone application in the month of August 2020. The status is still pending(validity requested until 29th July 2021).
  3. We filed for H1B extension in Premium in the month of March 2021 and got the approval in the same month. We also filed for H4 extension and H4 EAD renewal along with H1B Premium processing. The H4 and H4 EAD is still in pending status.

Given my situation and current circumstances, what are the chances of me getting an EAD with validity matching my H1’s latest validity. Is there anything I can do to expedite the process Or request the H4 EAD to be processed inline with H1B latest validity date.

Any help in this matter would be highly appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
MSP

I do not think that you can expedite the process. You can try calling USCIS and raise and expedite request.

You will get new H4 EAD approved with longer validity as and when it gets approved after H1B and H4 extension approval.