H4 EAD Applied and waiting - Can we update new H1B extention Receipt # on the already applied I-765?

Hi @anil_am22 / @Kalpesh_Dalwadi . Hope you guys are doing good… This is Vasu again. I have applied - H4 EAD for my spouse based on C26 category using my H1B petition (Expiring Dec 2021) . I have applied for this First time EAD for my spouse during March 2021. I am still Waiting for Approval … Have 2 queries…

1. Can i call USCIS and ask for expedite even if its First time Application, We still dont have SSN/A- number as the first time H4 EAD
    If i can ask for expedite approval ., ,What could be the reason/category i can ask for Expedite ? And what sort of documentation would be agreed ?

2. As the H4 EAD (I-765) was applied using my H1B petition expiring Dec 2021., and now have i have applied for my extension and H4 Extension. (Yet to receive the Receipt Notice) ., Is there anyway that i can give this new Receipt # as reference for the H4-EAD so that i can get H4 EAD whenever approved will be for longer duration ? Or we cannot give any reference and still it will be the old H1B Petition which is expiring on Dec 2021 that will be be considered ??

3. Also based on the current pace., looks like - H4EAD applied during March 2021 may get approved by end of this year… So in that case., what could be the Expiry date for H4 EAD once its approved ?? ( Considering calender date has passed the - H1B expiry date of Dec 2021 ) ??

Thanks in advance !!

Regards
Vasu

You can request expedite providing financial hardship due to spouse unable to work as the reason. Few of my colleagues have done this successfully.

Ideally you should apply H4 EAD along with the H1B & H4 extension. I don’t think USCIS will approve your current pending EAD based on a pending future H1B & H4 extension.

The validity will match the H4 expiry which I assume is same as the primary H1B.

1 Like

Thanks a lot kalpesh. Much appreciated. In my organization they don’t apply the H4 EAD. Thts the reason I had to apply separately.

Let me see if I can try getting the EAD expedited so that I get that approval first… so that by the time I get my receipt of H1 and H4 Extn… And I can again try renew this H4EAD with new petition( h1b n h4)

I know there are lot of if’s and but’s . Let see if I am able to successfully expedite and get that approved soon. Hoping for the best…

1 Like

@Kalpesh_Dalwadi @anil_am22 :: Firstly, Thanks a lot for supporting and huge kudos to you all admins on the am22tech. Just wanted to provide an update on my spouse case ( H4-EAD).

Even though it was the first time application for I-765 (EAD) we did try the Expedite option. (Sep 27th ). Post which we got a email from USCIS asking to provide documentation. We did provide the Reason as Medical expense for spouse and because of which she has to take up job to clear out those expense/loans. Expedite request got approved and the I-765 request got approved and we received the EAD card and I-765 approval notice.!!

Only issue now i have is i got approved only till my current approved petition which means expiry date is End of December., So i may need to renew again and go through the same hassle…
I have some doubt regarding the same., I will open up a new thread.

Thanks to you guys in supporting and sharing your experience which helps countless other people in their case and they can take right decision .

Here is the timeline.

October 22, 2021 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
October 20, 2021 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
October 19, 2021 We mailed your new card your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, directly to the address you gave us.
October 15, 2021 We approved your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.
October 14, 2021 We ordered your new card.
September 27, 2021 We received your request for expedite processing.
March 18, 2021 We received your Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.

HUGE THANKS Once again… !!

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing the timelines, great help to the community!